August 27, 2020 Update
H.E.S Families -
We are ALL very excited to see you in the building soon! Below are a few important things to know about this upcoming school year. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out so we can help in any way possible.
- Drop off students after 7:40; unless the student is eating breakfast (breakfast will start being served at 7:33)
- Unfortunately, parents will not walk students to their classroom.
- Grades 1 and 2 use the east parking lot, enter 1/2 commons door.
- Kindergarten, Grades 3 and 4 use front drop off lane, enter front doors.
- Temperature taken upon entering the building.
3:05 Bus students dismissed to load busses.
- Grade 1 - dismiss through 1/2 commons door
- Kdg. and Grade 3 - dismiss through front doors
- Grade 2 - dismiss through 1/2 commons door
- Grade 4 - dismiss through front doors
- Parents are encouraged to set an after school meeting spot for their child(ren).
- All students will wear masks.
- An extra mask in backpack is encouraged.
- Mask breaks will be built in throughout the day.
- No masks worn at recess and P.E.
Lunch and Recess
- Each grade level will have their own lunch time.
- One grade level at a time on the playground for recess.
- Visitors will be limited to the office area.
- No lunchroom visitors.
- Birthday parties will occur, but no visitors in classroom.
Looking forward to seeing students in Grades 1,2,3 and 4 on September 2 and Kindergarten on September 3!
May 1, 2020 Update
H.E.S. Families -
I hope you find yourself healthy and in good spirits as we move towards the end of the school year. We wanted to share a few updates with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out, so we can help in any way.
- May 20 is the last day of school. Please have all assignments completed and turned into the teacher by 10:00 am that day.
- May 22 will be Drop Off/Pick Up day at the Elementary. iPads, chargers, library books, and baggy books will be dropped off then. Yearbooks and other school related items will be distributed to families. Details on the process will be shared closer to the date.
- May 7 is the day we would like to have all library books collected. There is a drop-box at the lunch pick-up at the Middle School or a box in the front entry-way of the elementary. Thanks for your help in getting library books returned.
- More information will be coming out on Kindergarten Round-Up and Kindergarten Screening. These events will occur at a later date with details to follow. We look forward to welcoming new families to H.E.S.
Enjoy the spring weather and cherish this time with family.
Hesston Elementary Parents:
*Student Supply Pick Up: On Monday, March 30, students’ supplies will be ready for pick up, along with technology check out for those requesting it. Please see the following link for grade level pick up times and instructions. HES Parent Supply Pick-Up Instructions. Don’t forget to bring your child’s library books and/or baggie books with you to pick up time. This will also be another time to connect with your child’s teacher.
*Class DoJo: Please be sure to check your Class DoJo accounts for messages from your child’s teacher. If you haven't, please install this app to your phone or ipad. Also, check your notification settings. You will want to visit this site regularly, as teachers will be using it to communicate information about academics with their students.
*School Closure Updates: You will find information about school supply pick-up times, lunch and breakfast options, technology needs, and answers to many of your questions related to the school closing at the following link: School Closures General Updates
Looking forward to seeing you on Monday, March 30!
Communication Platform: Parents as we move forward with teaching and learning, we will be using Class DoJo as our main communication tool. If you haven't please install this app to your phone or ipad. Also, check your notification settings. You will want to check this site regularly, as teachers will be using it to communicate academics with their students. Yesterday, teachers sent out a message to all their students, if you did not reply to the teacher's message, please do so as soon as possible, so we know which families to contact directly.
School Lunch & Breakfast. Beginning March 23, we will be serving lunch and breakfast each weekday from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm outside the middle school gym. This is free for all kids ages 1-18, even those who are not USD 460 students will get a free lunch and breakfast if they need one. If you need food delivered within the Hesston city limits, we can do that too. Please use the following link to let us know if you would like to pick-up food at the middle school or need delivery, which will begin at 11:00 am.... Lunch and Breakfast Form
Technology Needs. As we transition to a new way of teaching and learning, technology will become an essential aspect of our new model. We recognize that some students need a device and some need internet access. To identify those in need, we ask you to complete the Technology Needs Form. The school district is working to make sure that every family has at least one device, and our teachers will be flexible when delivering instruction. No one needs to purchase new technology.